What to Expect
In Confident Birthing™
- Your own personal birthing “style”
- The single greatest factor that affects your birthing and what your partner can do about it
- The 10 best ways dads show up for the birth AND the baby
- How to identify expectations and influence satisfaction
- The common language that connects BodyMind and MotherBaby to move through your birth with ease-and how to use it at home with your newborn too
- The Neuromatrix of Pain and how to modulate it
- Four essential ingredients in the Confident Birthing “Recipe for Relaxation”.
- Penny Simkin’s “3 Rs” of labor and the Confident Birthing “4th R”
- The Confident Birthing “themes” of the stages of labor and how to work with them successfully
- 4 “secret truths” they didn’t teach you in school (and your mom never told you) about your pregnant and birthing body that you’ll be so glad you know
- The #1 comfort measure for an unmedicated birth (and lots more that fit in a bag)
- The Checklist for Leaving… 5 indicators that tell you its time to go to the birth center or hospital
- The 3 must-have pieces of information for marking progress in labor – an essential motivating tool
- The Purpose and Pitfalls of a birth plan… how to really ask for what you need
- i-advocacy… Confident Birthing’s step by step method to mapping your way through unknown territory – avoiding unnecessary interventions and navigating the necessary ones
- The truth about a Cesarean Birth – what you need to know and why – including how to have a successful, satisfying cesarean birth if that is what is needed
- How you put it all together in the Confident Birthing Labor Lab
- The significance of your baby’s first hour of life… how to optimize those moments that can’t be repeated
- Breasts and Nests… postpartum DIY: how to create ease and comfort for nursing moms
- The common “booby-traps” and bumps in the road… Binkies, Bottles and Breasts…OH MY!
- Practical skills to surviving Baby Boot Camp
- Proven tips to seize this window of opportunity to strengthen your relationship and most important…
- How to find YOUR question… what do YOU need to know to feel confident to give birth and parent YOUR baby
- Each week, you’ll bring your burning questions… so we won’t miss anything you need
Class fee is $215.00 and includes a full breastfeeding class with lactation consultant, Lynnelle King, IBCLC
7 week course meets on Monday nights in Southeast Boise OR Tuesday nights in Eagle from 7:00 – 10:00pm
Confident Birthing is a 7-week course. Most folks start their Confident Birthing Class series sometime between the 26th and 32th of the pregnancy. Since the class is 7 weeks long, you’ll be timing it to finish the class close to your due date.
For dates and registration forms, check here. Class locations: Lotus Tree Boise-Bown Crossing on Monday nights and Eagle Montessori Academy on Thursday nights. Directions are sent to you upon registration.